PUBLIC NOTICE CALLING FOR INSPECTION TO MSUNDUZI MPRA GENERAL VALUATION ROLL EFFECTIVE 1 JULY 2009
Notice is hereby given in terms of Section 49 (1)(a)(i) read together with section 78(2) of the Local Government: Municipal Property Rates Act, 2004 (Act No. 6 of 2004), hereinafter referred to as the “Act”, that the valuation roll for the financial years 2009/10, 20010/11, 2011/12 and 2012/13 is open for inspection at the Municipal offices, listed below, from 12th February 2009 to 20th March 2009. In addition the valuation roll is available at website: www.msunduzi.gov.za
The Valuation Roll can be viewed during office hours, from 12th February 2009 to 20th March 2009 at the following Municipal offices:
- Reception Counter, City Hall
- 1st Floor, Compen Building, Information Centre, Church Street
- 4th Floor, Valuation Division - Professor Nyembezi Centre, 341 Church Street
- Banking Hall, A S Chetty Centre, 333 Church Street
- Northdale – Civic Centre, Bombay Road
- Ashburton Municipal Office
- Gedi Offices, Imbali
- Old Edendale / Vulindlela Office
- Ashdown Municipal Office
- Sobantu Municipal Office
- Municipal Libraries: Besse Head; Ashdown; Georgetown; Truro, Eastwood
An invitation is hereby made in terms of section 49(1)(a)(ii) of the Act that any owner of property or other person who so desires should lodge an objection with the municipal manager in respect of any matter reflected in, or omitted from, the valuation roll within the abovementioned period.
Attention is specifically drawn to the fact that in terms of section 50(2) of the Act an objection must be in relation to a specific individual property and not against the valuation roll as such. The form for lodging of an objection is obtainable at the Municipal offices, listed above, or on the Municipal website: www.msunduzi.gov.za
The completed form/s must be returned to a Municipal Office listed above by 16h00 on 20th March 2009.
It is noted that staff are available at the following inspection points to assist any person who may require help in the completion of an objection form.
- Northdale – cc Bombay Road (ABM Office);
- Ashburton Municipal Office (ABM Office);
- Gedi Offices – Imbali (ABM Office);
- Old Edendale / Vulindlela Office (ABM Office);
- Sobantu Municipal Office (ABM Office).
For enquiries please telephone 033 392 2296
RF Haswell (JP)